What are the general characteristics of rotomolding process and what are their applications? Let's learn more about it with me.
The characteristics of rotomolding process are mainly as follows:
1. rotomolding mold cost is low - the same size products, rotomolding mold cost is about 1/3 to 1/4 of the cost of blow molding, injection mold, suitable for molding large plastic products.
2. Good edge strength of rotomolded products - rotomolding can achieve a thickness of more than 5 mm at the edge of the product, and solve the hollow product edge rotomolding can place various inlay parts.
3. the shape of rotomolded products can be very complex and the thickness can exceed more than 5 millimeters.
4. rotomolding can produce fully enclosed products.
5. Rotomolding products can be filled with foaming material to achieve heat preservation.
6. No need to adjust the mold, the wall thickness of rotomolding products can be freely adjusted (more than 2mm).
7. rotomolding also has its disadvantages: because the material must be ground and crushed, the cost increases; processing cycle is long, and therefore not suitable for mass production; available plastic varieties are less; open and close the mold is a heavy physical labor.
At present, rotomolding products can be used in transportation, traffic safety facilities, entertainment industry, river channel dredging, construction industry, water treatment, medicine and food, electronics, chemical industry, aquaculture, textile printing and dyeing and other industries.
1. Vessel type rotomolding parts.
These plastic parts are widely used in storage and supply boxes, water storage tanks, storage and transportation containers for various industrial chemicals, such as acid, alkali, salt, chemical fertilizer, pesticide storage tanks, chemical enterprises, industrial painting, rare earth production in the wash tank, reaction tanks, crates, garbage bins, septic tanks, living water tanks, etc.
2. Rotational plastic parts for transportation.
Mainly the application of polyethylene and polyvinyl chloride paste resin, rotomolding a variety of automotive parts, such as air conditioning elbow, swirl tube, backrest, armrest, fuel tank, fender, door frame and shifter cover, battery shell, snow cars and motorcycle fuel tanks, aircraft fuel tanks, yachts and their water tanks, small boats and boats and docks between the buffer shock absorber, etc.
3. sports equipment, toys, handicrafts rotomolding parts.
Mainly PVC paste rotomolding of various parts, such as water balloons, floating balls, small swimming pools, recreational boats and their water tanks, bicycle seat cushions, rotomolding pallets, surfboards, etc. Toys such as ponies, dolls, toy sand boxes, fashion model models, handicrafts, etc.
4. All kinds of large or non-standard rotomolding parts.
Shelves, machine shells, shields, lampshades, agricultural sprayers, furniture, canoes, camping vehicle canopies, sports field devices, planters, bathrooms, toilets, telephone rooms, advertising display boards, chairs, highway isolation piers, traffic cones, river and sea buoys, crash barrels and construction barriers, etc.
Want to know more about rotomolding manufacturers, please pay attention to us!
Post time: Jan-18-2022